With Thanksgiving and the winter holidays coming up, food banks are in even greater need of food and supplies than usual. We’ve seen from the Kickstarter that this fandom is passionate and giving, so let’s come together and give back to our community!
On Sunday, October 14th, at Mount Trashmore park in Virginia Beach, we will be collecting canned foods and other non perishable supplies (see list at the end of the description) and constructing our very own Can Town! We can all be MAYOrs. Another Can Town is planned for Nekocon, but the food bank can never have too many donations, plus this will allow folks who can’t go to the con, or can’t bring large amounts of food with them to the convention center, a chance to help out! Also, PLEASE don’t be afraid to invite family and friends to donate, even if they’re not into Homestuck! We want to get as much food as we can, and some people you know may not otherwise donate food. Just ask them! Maybe they’ll even just give you extra food to bring with you.
The event will take place (tentatively) from 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Please feel free to just stop by and drop off what you can if you can’t stay (Molly is hosting a Children’s Museum meetup on the same day, so if you just want to bring some food before heading out there that would be great), or stay and socialize! At the end of the event we’ll draw our town in chalk and take photos. The food will then be dropped off at the food bank in Norfolk.
MOST NEEDED ITEMS (PLEASE BRING):
Protein, Meat and Fish
peanut butter, tuna, canned ham, canned chicken, beans
Fruits and Vegetables
canned fruits and vegetables, 100% fruit juice, instant potatoes, fruit preserves, dried fruit
cereal, oatmeal, rice, whole grain crackers
pasta and sauce, boxed meals, chunky soups, stews
powdered formula, baby food, diapers, wipes
Places like Costco and Sam’s Club often sell these items discounted in bulk, so please shop there if possible!
PLEASE DO NOT BRING:
-Food that is more than six months past its expiration date
This food drive will benefit:
Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia
800 Tidewater Drive
Norfolk, VA 23504
More information about the food bank is available at this link.
Let’s do this, man. Let’s make it happen.
- electricterminal likes this
- cantownproject reblogged this from vastuck
- samuraiabstinencepatrol likes this
- nomiama likes this
- dsylexiafeind likes this
- backuphat reblogged this from odustuck
- theprincesswithmagichair reblogged this from odustuck
- namastateofmind reblogged this from odustuck
- theprincesswithmagichair likes this
- odustuck reblogged this from backuphat and added:
- batspit-inactive reblogged this from vastuck and added:
- electricterminal reblogged this from vastuck
- nekomasetter reblogged this from backuphat
- nekomasetter likes this
- thewonderfulword reblogged this from backuphat
- that-italian-named-nicoletta reblogged this from scorpiocious
- scorpiocious reblogged this from vastuck
- sanic likes this
- mrsfulbright likes this
- gargoyles-with-sunglasses likes this
- universe-punch likes this
- vastuck posted this